Sunday 18 February 2018

We needed to change inns – Ovrebo reviews fierceness after 2009 Chelsea-Barcelona semi-last

We needed to change inns – Ovrebo reviews fierceness after 2009 Chelsea-Barcelona semi-last

18 February 2018

The arbitrator for Barcelona's Champions League semi-last second leg against Chelsea in 2009 was compelled to change his inn in the wake of the questionable conflict at Stamford Bridge.

Tom Henning Ovrebo was at the focal point of a firestorm amid the conflict nine years prior, in which Barca grabbed an emotional 1-1 attract to secure section to the last on away objectives.

Eric Abidal was disputably sent off, however it was Chelsea who were most infuriated by the administering, as they saw six interests for a punishment waved away by Ovrebo.

The last one came in second-half damage time, after Andres Iniesta's dazzling strike counterbalanced Michael Essien's opener, with Samuel Eto'o getting away from a handball yell that provoked Michael Ballack to pursue Ovrebo down the pitch and contend his case.

Didier Drogba and Jose Bosingwa both got suspensions for their challenges after the last shriek, while Ovrebo said he got a few demise dangers from Chelsea fans in the next years.

The Norwegian, now 51, concedes he made various blunders and says his group even needed to move inns after the match, such was the level of outrage at his choices.

#ChelseaBarça is coming …

Iniestaaaaaaaaa

Do you recollect where you were and how you celebrated when this objective was scored?

pic.twitter.com/125ZE0dHvD

— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) February 18, 2018

"It wasn't my greatest day, that is without a doubt," he advised Marca in front of Barca's trek to Chelsea in the keep going 16 on Tuesday. "In any case, arbitrators can commit those errors... once in a while a player or a mentor can, as well.

"I'm pleased with having had a long profession and having been among the European first class for some time, and among the best in my nation, in any event. That is the reason you can't recollect my vocation only for that diversion.

"After the match, I didn't address any player. I cleared out the pitch with poise, I went to the changing area, and it's a simple as that.

"Obviously, I recollect that we needed to change lodgings and there were many individuals who were antagonistic towards us. We must be watchful that day and the following.

"I can't change individuals' conclusion. Be that as it may, it is intriguing to ask Real Madrid fans, for instance, regardless of whether they would have a similar conclusion of me in the event that it had been agreeable to their group, rather than Barca.

"We have seconds to choose. At that point you see it on TV and you say: 'Goodness my God, I wasn't right with that punishment or red card!'. These are typical things.

"I was in charge of the choices that were made and we can contend that, in the event that I had made others, perhaps Chelsea would have achieved the last. We'll never know."

Awesome win young men! How about we concentrate now on the following game...the #UCL is back... @ChelseaFC

Gran victoria equipo! Ahora a pensar en el próximo partido...vuelve la #UCL... @ChelseaFC pic.twitter.com/m6VD1jv9q2

— Marcos Alonso (@marcosalonso03) February 16, 2018

Ovrebo concedes he ought to have punished Eto'o and Gerard Pique for handball in the punishment territory and furthermore proposed he ought to have sent off Ballack for his dissents.

"Obviously [I remember] and, indeed, they were handball circumstances," he said. "I passed judgment on them on the pitch and I figure it isn't fascinating now to recognize what I think about each occurrence once it's been judged, in spite of the fact that I comprehend individuals think contrastingly to how I refereed. That discourse will bear on for eternity.

"The imperative thing was to gain from my errors. I settled on the choice not send him off [Ballack] and that is it.

"It's hard to clarify why choices are made and no others on the pitch. Perhaps it's because of weight... or on the other hand in that occasion it could be on account of Ballack challenged from behind and I didn't see it. There can be numerous reasons in every choice."

Ovrebo says Chelsea's triumph in the 2012 competition – when they beat Barca in the semi-finals – ceased a portion of the derisive messages he got, and he demands he isn't spooky by that 2009 conflict in London.

"At the time, yes [I got passing threats]. Presently, everything is [in the] past. This was an interesting issue until 2012, and afterward it left," he included.

"A few fans will recall me after this meeting, yet I have no issues. Individuals can do what they need. I have an upbeat existence with my loved ones in Oslo. I've officially acknowledged my slip-ups."

0 comments:

Post a Comment